Thursday, August 03, 2006

Daycare Progress!




In a previous post I mentioned that I am heading up a new daycare center for the church. It has been a lot of work over the past month or so, but we seem to be making headway!! The paperwork and regulations are endless. The daycare will be housed in what has been the schools preschool building. Over the last couple of weeks we have dumped TONNES & TONNES of junk from around the church, to prepare for our opening. Grant, you would love to have seen the stuff we got rid of :)


The Young Adults got together tonight to paint!! The carpet should be going in in the next couple of weeks! I will post more pics as the transformation continues.

9 comments:

Cooke family said...

Wow, that got on your blog fast! I got home from working on it and there it is! It was fun. I like the color. Let me know if there's anything I can help with! -Caren

sixwickerts said...

Thanks Caren!! I am very thankful for everyones help :) I may take you up on your offer, maybe some specialty painting? :) I'll talk to you about it later.

Anonymous said...

Hi Helen,

I appreciate all that you and others have been doing to get the daycare up and running. I know it will be a blessing to many in this community. Awesome job young adults on the cleanup and painting!

Rosie

Anonymous said...

The Place is really starting to take shape and look great. Thanks go to all the Young Adult Group for Thursday might work party. What a blessing to drop by and see them all painting and getting the room ready.

Derek Linder said...

Wow...looks like fun! Sorry I wasn't there to spread some paint around with you guys.

the Miller's said...

How exciting for the church and the community!! Helen you will be great at heading this up!!!

Julie said...

Its exciting to hear about the Daycare Center! We are praying that you are able to get through all the red tape and regs and have fun with what the Lord is blessing. I can only imagine what you got to toss out of that building! -- Julie

Becky said...

It's good to see the progress - I look forward to seeing the finished product in a couple of weeks! Glad you've gotten some help from everyone.

Da Baums said...

What a bunch of HOT ladies! Good work girls!