Friday, October 13, 2006

Thoughts in the middle of the night!

So, I'm laying in bed at 3:30 this morning sandwiched in between Jasen & Jaden who was up numerous times in the night...thinking, number one, we need a bigger bed, and number two, thinking about exactly how many hours of sleep I have given up for my children over the last 5 years! After much mind boggling, I decided to get up and do something useful :) So, I have been up since about 4:00 working on daycare stuff!! I guess I should thank Jaden for giving me a couple of hours of uninterrupted work time......hey, I just realized, I haven't heard the word "Mama" for two, almost three hours!! AMAZING :)

Just recently we have had a couple of great announcements from our young adult couples! "I'm pregnant" has rung out with much excitement. We are all eagerly awaiting these new little ones, sweet bundles of joy........I have one thing to say. Enjoy your sleep, savor each minute, because 7 or 8 months from now, your life will change forever. You will have no more sleep, it will become a precious commodity. You will hear yourself say to each other, "honey, remember when we used to stay in bed until 10:00am on Saturday morning" or "remember when we used to lay on the couch after dinner and watch a movie?" or the best one "remember when we used to sit together through a whole church service?" Appreciate these times now, you will get them back.....in about 10 years from now!!!!!

I love each of my children will all of my heart, they are a true joy. One of the biggest lessons I have learned over the last 5yrs, is that NOTHING, not even marriage, challenges your ability to be selfless, like a child does :) Can anyone say AMEN? !

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes I have to agree with my lovely wife! Gone are the days of sleeping in and care free no resposibility, go where you want to, when you want to without having to think about it. Yes cherish these next few months and go for long walks, stay out and enjoy a dinner and a movie together while you can. My wife is a champion mother and wife who takes the time to make time for her husband and I love her so much for that. You are the best my lovely bride and I'm truly blessed to have such a wonderful wife and best friend:)

Cooke family said...

Amen

Anonymous said...

Amen and again I say Amen!

Eric & Sarah said...

Children are a true blessing.

Anonymous said...

Amen! and a question ... we've heard about David and Jenn, but who else is expecting??? Inquiring minds want to know! And Jasen, what lovely thoughts to share about your wife! She certainly is remarkable!

sixwickerts said...

Hey Julie, we have a "new Day" on the way...yup Kristina & Adam announced their news last week!! She is due about a month after Jenn...lots of new life, lots of fun :)

the Miller's said...

Helen....We'll give you a big AMEN!!!!!

Enger Adventures said...

Amen!!

Anonymous said...

Well...*stretches*...I'll sleep in a little for you guys this week!

the Miller's said...

Helen--I totally had one of these nights last night. Teagan was a major bed hog and then she peed all over. So at 3:51am I was laying there thinking..."I should get up and be productive, because Helen did" Then I rolled over and tried to go back sleep. Kudos to you for being super mom at 4am!!

Anonymous said...

"Eventually go south?" What? You're not getting away that easy Helen! Everyone better be joking because someone is going to have to pry you to get you away from our Women's Board. We're not letting you go!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

That goes for Jenn too. And your Mom!!!!!!!!!!

Jeremy & Olivia said...

I concur with Derek!!

Becky said...

I miss your frequent blog posts! I hope Leah is better and you'll have some time to take things easier soon. Great picture of your four on this post, by the way. :)

Anonymous said...

Amen to the blessings of motherhood. It's hard to believe at this time, but really they'll be grown up, married, and having their own children much quicker than you can imagine! Then you'll enter the most blessed time of life ... grandmotherhood! No more lost sleep (except the occasional overnight adventure or the Holy Spirit's prompting to wake up and pray for them)! Grandparenting brings with it all the joy and amazement of watching the little ones grow, along with the joy and amazement of watching your own children being better parents than you were! It's coming sooner than you think ....