Sunday, July 23, 2006

Jasens' Week



On Wednesday of last week, a good friend of Jasens', Don Reeser and his wife Denise came to town for a wedding in our church. Dons' parents are a big part of our church here, and Jasen worked with them when he first arrived in Ketchikan 13yrs ago. Don was such an encouragment to Jasen back then, and he has always valued their friendship.....I know he misses it!!

So, after Don arrived, he Bob & Jasen headed out to Bob & Pats cabin for some "guy time". They stayed through Friday, and had a fun time and good fellowship. The fishing, however wasn't that successful, but they did get some shrimp and crab. We definitely missed him at home!!

This picture is especially for Jasen's friend Ted in Tennessee. Jasen actually caught this Sea Cucumber with his fishing pole, we are preserving it just for you Ted....mmm mmm good!! Oh...it tastes just like chicken :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Scott has eaten sea cucumber and says they are real tasty. There is not much meat on one but he fries it up with flour and oil. I'm not brave enough, such ugly creatures!

Anonymous said...

I'm not brave enough either. We have this on going joke with our friend Ted, see the post about Jasen's fish!!

Anonymous said...

Helen,

Does Ted shy away from any kind of seafood? I'm a picky eater as you know, but fresh salmon, halibut, shrimp and crab are at the top of my list!

I remember visiting my cousins in Houston and they tried to convince me to eat rattlesnake, they said it tastes just like chicken, but I said no way. If I didn't know what I was eating maybe, but a slimy snake, ugh!

Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»