Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Catch of the Day



A couple of weeks ago, our friend Jeremy took Jasen out fishing. I was told later by his wife Kristi that he was determined to fill our freezer!! They were gone all day, but their trip was very successful. They caught Halibut, Ling Cod & Red Snapper. Here is Jasen's King Salmon, and also the end result after he brought it all home. This is just a portion of it. It's hard to skin and cut up that much fish!! Looks kinda gross, but it's yummy to eat. Thanks Jeremy!!

P.S. See Kristi, we put dead stuff on our blog too! :)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

We'll be over for dinner. Do you fillet the fish sometimes? We usually cook it without the skin. Is it better with the skin (been here 21 years and you'd think I'd know)?

sixwickerts said...

We do need to have you guys over for dinner!! We cook it without the skin too, the pile you see was how it looked before we skinned it. It is now in nice little packages in our freezer....what would you like? Salmon, Halibut, Ling Cod........

David, Jenn, and Abby said...

we'll have halibut when we come for dinner, thank you. :)

Anonymous said...

Halibut for us too.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm....if coming to Alaska meant I had to eat things that lived in water....I'll just stay in TN!!!!!

sixwickerts said...

Co'mon Ted, you are such a Southern boy....live a little!! We do eat store bought food too ya know :)

Anonymous said...

I'm not worried about if it came from "the store"....if it lived in water(fish, crab, shrimp..etc)...it does not cross my lips. Now...if ya had a chicken that tripped and fell into the water...I'd still eat it. :o) ha ha ha

sixwickerts said...

Ted,
You are wierd!!

Da Baums said...

Helen - I am LOVING the dead stuff!

P.S. I don't know Ted but I agree with him being weird. Fish is um um good and hormone free - unlike store bought chicken!

Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»

Anonymous said...

I like it! Good job. Go on.
»