Monday, July 14, 2008

"Operation Frog"

Toward the end of Jasen's time here, my Dad asked him to do a little project that he couldn't bring himself to do. For those that know my Dad well know that he has two phobias, one is birds, the other is frogs!

Some time ago my parents noticed that frogs had taken up residency in the outside lights on the front porch. Now they are just small frogs, but frogs all the same. The day before Jasen left my Dad asked him to go out and clean the dead frogs out of the lights. No problem for my farm boy husband who isn't grossed out by much. So Jasen went outside with all the kids in tow, unscrewed the cap and to his surprise a live frog jumped out. Of course the kids were thrilled, especially Jaden who has informed us he is to be the next Crocodile Hunter! There was a little drama, when two jumped out, one landing on Leah's foot, the other on Evan's arm!

All together he took 10 frogs out of the light, there were 11 but one got away! It was quite the mission, but my frog hunters did a great job.

Searching for the missing frog!

Caught!

Mission Complete

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Argggggg!!!! I hate those things!!! Thanks Jasen.

Karen said...

Bravo! We would have liked to see you in action. It looks like Jaden is as fearless as his daddy. Miss you!

Cooke family said...

I think they're cute!

David, Jenn, and Abby said...

Those are huge frogs! Gross

Anonymous said...

Did you watch the proceedings, Kevin? :) Looks like you have a beautiful yard, by the way.

Enger Adventures said...

Looks like 'operation frog' was quite the success! Are you heading out to TN here in a couple weeks?

Anonymous said...

I thought your Dad's big fear was a chicken. Now that I think about I guess they are birds. Does he eat chicken? Good job Jasen and glad to see that the kids had such a great adventure catching the frogs. Did you video tape?

Da Baums said...

Frogs are SOOO much fun! I remember when we were in Mexico and Kristina screamed because she found on sitting on the toilet - after she had just used it! :) HAHA I think she shares your dads phobia!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Jasen! Great pictures of the frog hunt, I especially like the one with Jasen and the kids on the golf cart.

The Walkers