Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Disney World







I know this is old news but I wanted to dedicate a post to our Disney World trip! We actually drove up to Orlando the day before going and spent the night so everyone would be fresh for our long day.

We spent the afternoon before at Chuck E Cheese. The kids had a blast. I am a little bit of a germaphobe so it was very hard for me not to go and wipe everything down with Clorox before allowing the kids to get on it! Think about pizza, pop, icecream, lots of kids, sticky fingers and kids rides....yuck!

The kids enjoyed their time there very much.

The evening we spent at the hotel was fun too. The pool was great, the kids are almost swimming, even Evan who is fearless in the water...scary!


So on to Disney! Well, I have to preface this by saying that we did have a good day but if you have kids under 5 DON'T DO IT!!!! Or if you do decide to go for it, spread it out over 3 days, stay at the resort and go either in January or February. It was so hot and muggy, and the crowds were ridiculous. The kids actually did very well, although there were a couple of melt down moments, and not just on the kids part! Towards the end of the day it rained and freshened things up a little. My advice is, if you are going to spend the money to go make sure you can enjoy the day by making it as stressless as possible.


8 comments:

Cooke family said...

I want to go!! Although I agree with your advise to wait till everyone's older!

David, Jenn, and Abby said...

Looks like you had a great time despite the heat and crowds. I love the picture of Adam and Jaden on the ride at CCheese. Hope you guys all have a great day!

Nanette said...

Hi Helen! The pics are great and it looks like a good time was had by all! I especially love the one of your mom on the Dumbo ride! LOL!! Anyway, call me when you get time. Love & Blessings~ Nan

Anonymous said...

Hi Helen,

It was great chatting with you the other day.

Scott and I chatted with Jasen about your trip to Disney World. We're planning a 50th Anniversary trip for Scott's folks next summer/fall. The whole family (Charlie, Naomi, Lisa, Rich, Scott, Jenna and I) will be taking a vacation together. Scott's folks would love to take Jenna to Disneyland so I'm still working on convincing Scott that we should do it. Jasen thought that with Jenna being 5 1/2 next summer that it should be o.k. I would take your advice to make it as stressless as possible and stay at one of the hotels onsite.

Great pictures of all the family!

Love,

Rosie, Scott and Jenna

sixwickerts said...

Hey Nanette,
I will call you this coming week. We have had a full few days!

Rosie,
After doing more research they say that September is a good time to go to Disney. With just Jenna you should be fine and 5 is a good age. I would definitly plan on more than one day though.

The Day's said...

We miss you guys so much!!! But I know you're having a great time. Hopefully someday we can take advantage of my Alaska Airline miles and come for a visit. It's so strange not having you guys around anymore. Take care!!

Cooke family said...

Oops! I spelled 'advice' wrong. I better correct that before proof reader Becky sees!

Anonymous said...

Already saw it; your grade has been lowered. Just kidding! Don't worry, I'm not out to inflict grammar on other people. Not to mention, I actually had to look up what a split infinitive is before answering Rosie's question on my blog. I'm not as encyclopedic as I try to look. :)