Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Summer Time Fun

Well, here we are again three weeks since my last post! For those of you that check for updates regularly, I apologize! I too get irritated when week after week I check peoples' stagnant blogs. I promise to do better :)

We have had quite a busy few weeks. Trying to finish up school, birthdays, family visits, and playing in the sun.

Things are going well for us. We are continuing to seek Gods direction for the long term future, there are a couple of things in the works which I can share once a few more pieces fall into place. I am putting quite a bit of effort into my website, trying to finish my book on motherhood, and I have just started writing for an online news site Nashville Examiner. I did my first radio interview today. The subject was Homeschooling. It was fun, but the hour went very quickly. Jasen has reinstated his construction business and is slowly getting work here. The children are growing and give us alot of joy, they are definitely enjoying the nice weather, and spend most of their days outside.

5 comments:

Cooke family said...

Thanks for the new update! Sorry my blog is one of the stagnant ones right now. It's hard to get a chance to upload and edit my new photos! Will you be continuing homeschool this fall?

Anonymous said...

Nice update. I like the pic of Dave and all the kids feeding the ducks. Glad you're well. :)

sixwickerts said...

Hi Caren,
I never thought I would say this but, yes, I am homeschooling next year! It was a struggle this year in many areas, but I was reminded by my good friend Sally that we also had alot going on this year! Now we are settled and I have a better idea of how homeschool works, it should be a much smoother year. It is alot of work, but for us the pros outweigh the cons! The twins are enrolled in a two day a week preschool program so that will make a huge difference too. We are going to start our new year early, and only do four days a week, so that will give extra time for the twins, and for getting out and about. So, that was a long answer..... :)

David, Jenn, and Abby said...

Cute pictures! But how could they not be with such cute kids.

Da Baums said...

Yeah! I am so happy & proud of you!! You're a teachermom :) I will be ready for some pointers in about 3 more years! I am sorry my blog is stale too. I have a TON of pictures just no time to upload & write. I will do it this weekend though! I miss talking to you too! Ugh why did I ever go back to work. I miss my friends!