Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Fun At The Fair

County Fairs are a big deal down here. From what I have heard there is quite alot of rivalry between different counties to see which can be the best, the cleanest, and the most well attended. I didn't realize all of this when we decided to go to the Wilson County Fair the first week we were here. My brother and I both commented on how clean the restrooms were, which you don't normally expect at events of this kind! I later found out after talking to my friend Shana (yes I have a friend here now :)) that Wilson County Fair has won the prize for the best fair for many years!! I guess we picked the right one to go to.
Anyway, it was alot of fun. The kids had a blast, riding the ponies, petting the different animals and climbing on the tractors. The only thing that made me a little sad was when we were in the goat pen and Evan said "look at all the deer Mommy!!!" poor sheltered little Alaskan boy :) David was a little disappointed that we weren't going to be around for the Hog Race, but I'm not quite that red neck!!!

We had a very quiet drive home. They were worn out!!

8 comments:

Enger Adventures said...

Looks like it was a great time. Glad you were able to get out and explore!! How wonderful that you are meeting new friends too :)

Karen said...

Brendan would have liked to have seen the hog races too. When we went to a county fair last year, he loved watching all the kids walking their pigs around in a circle. I am impressed about the restrooms too. That would be a first at a fair! Miss you guys.

Nanette said...

Hello, My Dahling!! Good to read the updates and hear you are doing so well. Your place looks amazing and I am SO jealous! The pics of the kids are awesome, too, and I'm glad you were finally able to post them. Have fun finding a new house! Say hi to everyone and I'll talk to you soon! Love and Miss You~ Nan

Da Baums said...

How fun! I LOVE fairs. That is one thing I really miss. As kids we use to go to the Palmer/Alaska State Fair every year. It was so much fun! I LOVE Evan's comment! haha so cute!

Cooke family said...

That looks like fun! Our kids would love it! What a great idea to compete for the cleanest fair. That would be nice, especially clean bathrooms!

Anonymous said...

Hi Helen,

It was so great to chat with you today. I miss you so much! I know that life in Tennesee is a big adjustment for all of you. I am glad that you have a new friend.

The pictures are great, I bet you enjoyed your peaceful ride home!

Have a wonderful weekend, I know it will be with Jasen arriving very soon!

Love,

Rosie

Anonymous said...

Great photos! Yes, I really miss county fairs too. I was hoping to see an update with a picture of Jasen's homecoming ....

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HELEN! Thinking about you on your special day.
Lots of love Auntie Sues, Nana, Al, Matt and Laura xxxxxxxxxxx