Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Leaving Ketchikan

Even though we have not sold our house yet, we have made one decision that will get this whole moving process rolling. The kids and I (helen)are booked to leave town on June 2nd. Jasen and I have talked long and hard about different senarios and what would be the best for us, and decided to at least let the boys finish the school year.

The amazing thing about the whole situation is that we were able to find 6 mileage tickets on the same flight to Florida. Not only that, but we were able to purchase them for only 10,000 miles each. I was only able to find one day that this deal was available, and it was the Monday after the last day of school. So, I have about 8 weeks to pack up a be ready to go. It is bitter sweet, but it will be good to finally starting taking steps toward the future.

My Mom & Dad will be coming up around the 25th of May. Dad is going to drive our van down to Florida for us which is where we will be until the house sells, and we can relocate to Tennessee. My Mom is going to fly with us, and Jasen is going to stay and work until the house sells.

8 comments:

Ted and Shana said...

CONFUSED?!?!!? So you're leavin' Jasen in Alaska to be eatin' by bears?? :o) hee hee Ok...you're going to FL to your parents, but is that where you going to move for good now??? Catch me up!!

sixwickerts said...

Sorry Ted, I did clarify! If you look at the post again, it is explained :)

David, Jenn, and Abby said...

Can't wait to see you soon!!! :)

Da Baums said...

Yeah whatever! Fine go play in the sunshine, just don't get eaten by a snake! We will surely miss you guys...pout pout

the Miller's said...

Glad that the process will begin for you all soon! It is so hard just living in that limbo state....and just think, your house will stay really clean with you in it :)

the Miller's said...

I meant your house will be clean WITHOUT you in it;)

Anonymous said...

Exciting to see plans coming together! Hope the packing process goes smoothly. :)

The Day's said...

Yes, this is all happening too fast. I know you're all excited to leave, but it still makes me sad. Anyway, I think in the midst of my sadness, I must have forgetten to add you to my link list. But don't worry, I'll get right on it, even though I am still sad - we're still friends. :)