Friday, October 26, 2007

For Angie.....why and when are we moving to Nashville!!

I guess this whole thing started about 18 months ago. We have been feeling for sometime now that it may be time for us to move on, but we didn't have any clear direction as to where or when. The last year or so has been hard for me, dealing with the constant bad weather that never seems to let up, and because of that being tied to the house with the small children, not being able to get out and do much. I long for a grassy yard for them to run in!! Jasen has always felt a strong call to ministry, and things for us in that respect have wound down for us here also. My parents had also been feeling that their time here was drawing to a close, and they made the decision at this summer to end their ministry here and move on. That is the why.....

Now to the where! My sister-in-law, Jenn started us looking in Nashville...the more we looked the more we liked. The housing is still relatively inexpensive, but the area is also growing rapidly. There is much to do there, and the people are very warm and friendly. Nashville is a good location for us, as it is midway between Jasen's parents in Ohio and North Carolina, and also Jenn's parents in Virginia. The climate is great, they have all four seasons, and there is not the big city feel that alot of "down south" places have. Overall, everything we have seen, we like. We are aiming to leave Ketchikan around the first part of February, if all goes well with selling our house. We are continuing to walk ahead with this, knowing that God has our future and we are trusting Him with it.

So, Angie there you have it! Hopefully that filled you in a little more on our plans :)

11 comments:

Becky said...

Sounds like your trip to Nashville clarified your interest in moving there. I'm glad it was a good trip! You're right, the thought of moving is exciting, scary and sad all at the same time. February isn't very far away!!! Looking forward to catching up next week.

the Miller's said...

I feel so special that I got a post dedicated to filling me in!! What a time in your life this will be. I'll be praying for you to have peace through the entire process!!

5Mutarts said...

Thank you I was soooo curious! I do remember you and Jasen telling us about Nashville when we saw you last. I can understand with the kids that it is hard to be in the house all day and the four season, well I have grown very acustom to them myself! I am excited for your family with this new adventure in your lives! I know it is a big step and will be praying for you guys! So, where is your Dad and Mom moving to? we need to catch up! =)

Cooke family said...

Did you check out Mudsink TN? It's a small place near Nasheville. I'm sure it's lovely, and could remind you of Ketchikan. Is your house up for sale now?

Jeremy & Olivia said...

Will I ever see you again?? :(

sixwickerts said...

No Caren, we didn't quite make it to Mudsink!! It is beautiful scenery, it reminds me alot of Britain. No our house isn't up for sale yet, we still hae a little work to do on it first.

sixwickerts said...

Olivia!! Yes of course you will see me again :) you should come down and visit before we leave, but Nashville is a very fun place to visit! We are going to have lots of room for company :)

Mr. E said...

YOU FORGOT TO SAY THAT NASHVILLE LETS OUT OF SCHOOL FOR ONE SNOWFLAKE!!!!! :o) Your kids might grow up without winters as they & you have known, but it is a small price to pay for such a wonderful location!!!!!!!!!! Oh also... Shana & I are here....that is reason enough for anyone to move!!! ha ha ha :o)

the Miller's said...

Does Jasen already have a job lined up down there?? Can we come and visit? I've never been to Nashville.

sixwickerts said...

No Jasen doesn't have a job lined up yet. We are still deciding on whether or not he will continue his business right away or just get something to settle us in down there. And YES! We would love to have visitors, we are specifically looking for a home with an apartment of some type of "guest quarters". We would love to have you come :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Helen, for the update. It surely sounds like things are moving right along...how exciting! We have been enjoying the very real fall colors and weather and looking forward to a real winter. You will for sure like the change, too. We are anticipating following your adventure! God bless!