Wednesday, October 15, 2008

An Unexpected Trip

So this week finds us relaxing and enjoying the sunshine of Florida! On Monday morning Jasen and I were talking about my Dad's birthday which is coming up on the 19th of this month. We were trying to figure out what we could possibly do for someone who is probably the hardest person on the planet to buy gifts for. So after more discussion, we thought it would be fun to drive down and show up on the doorstep to wish Grandpa a "happy birthday". Crazy as it seems, we packed a bag and a couple of hours later, dropped the dog at Dave and Jenns and left on our 12 hour over night drive!!

We arrived in Sebring at 7:30am Tuesday morning, snuck up to the front door and rang the doorbell. "Surprise, happy birthday" rang out from four excited children. My Dads face was a picture, it was a very cool surprise, that I am so proud to say we also managed to keep from my Mom!!!

I will post some pictures later, until then Jasen is going to be enjoying some golf and I will be doing some shopping...........

6 comments:

Cooke family said...

What a fun, spontaneous idea! Did you get a picture of their reaction?

sixwickerts said...

Hi Caren, I had my camera ready to go. I was going to take a video clip actually, but with trying to keep the kids wuiet as we snuck up to the house, and also being without a nights sleep, the whole pciture thing got forgotten.....The reaction was great though, complete shock!!

Nanette said...

Hi There! That sounds awesome...the Florida sun. *Sigh* LOL! Tell your parents hello for me and your dad Happy Birthday! Have fun shopping, too. I know I will this weekend! Miss You! Nan

Ketchikan Walkers said...

Hi Helen,

Long time no chat, I'll have to give you a call next week to catch up.

Wish your Dad a Happy Birthday from all of us too.

I think that is a wonderful birthday present; have a great time shopping, relaxing, etc...

Love,

Rosie

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great surprise! Happy birthday to your dad (and your mom), and have fun shopping!

Anonymous said...

Hope your having fun without me...we're having fun here...went to the park and the creek today. Miss you lots.
Macey