Saturday, January 26, 2008

The last couple of weeks

Well, what can I say, the last couple of weeks have flown by. There has been alot going on, with our house being on the market, a quick trip to LA, an Adam birthday, a garage sale, preparing for my parents departure, and now preparing for my Dads farewell concert!! Oh, we can also throw in a couple of really nasty owwiis (sp?) for two of our kids!!!


Our house advertising is going well, we have had quite a few calls and shown it 4 times. There is one couple very interested and are coming back to see it again today.

Our trip to LA was alot of fun last week. It was a great break for us, and we even got to spend a day a Wrangell on the way back :) We had the opportunity to spend time with Wanda Radford at the hospital and then had dinner with Paul, it was a blessing, as always.

Adam turned 5 this month!! He is such a sweet boy, and a joy to have in our lives.
The "multi-family moving sale" went well last weekend!! We made good money, and got rid of alot of junk.

Barry Bynum just arrived, it is always great to see him and is a pleasure to work with. We are practising for my Dads farewell concert, and will also use it to launch his new album (which is very good by the way!) It is always great to sing with "The Band" it will be our last opportunity for a while, although with Becky living in Pennsylvania and us in Tennessee, we would just have to fly Jodi in!!!!
Life feels very up in the air at the moment, but it is ok. I am determined to enjoy our remaining time here......you may need to remind me of that as time goes by!!!!

4 comments:

Cooke family said...

Yikes! Bad owies! How did that happen? I'm looking forward to the concert!

sixwickerts said...

Caren, they are really bad!! I really am a good Mom honest :) Leah fell and hit her head on the corner of the coffee table and Adam ran into Jadens head this week, he now has a big shiner to show for it! I am glad kids are tough!

5Mutarts said...

Our coffee table has been a Owie maker too! Countless times they have gotten a bump from it! I have been thinking of investing in one that is a little more kid friendly! So wierd to me to think that you are moving! Tell everyone hello for us and have a great time at the concert!=)

~Stew~Becky~Petal~Sawyer~Finn ~ said...

What an eventful time for you. I was so glad to see your update, I have been thinking of you! I pray for peace for you and Jasen as you embark on your move, and wrap up your time in Ketchikan. I am sad to be missing your dad's concert! It sounds like it will be amazing.

All my love to you!

Becky